Face masks are something that are trending for both women and men. For the most part they have always been around and relevant, but why? Whether you buy a cheap mask for $2.99 at CVS or buy one from a spa for $25.99, there is still a craze running and gaining momentum each day. They’re perfect for a slumber party with your friends or even good for a night in, holding a glass of wine while watching a movie. Let’s get to the core though as to why face masks are even a thing. What’s the point? So what?
What’s the point?
Have you ever wondered what the point even is to wearing a face mask? Is it just a fad that everyone is obsessed with, or, is it actually beneficial to you and your skin? Well we have the answers that I think you want to hear.
Face masks are in fact great for your skin, but you want to make sure you are buying one that is quality. They’re easy to apply by simply sticking or rubbing it onto your face and letting it rest there until it’s time for removal.
Reasons why we think you should stick with face masks:
- Deep cleansing: You can wash your face at any time and feel refreshed, but the right face mask will surely do the heavy lifting with deep cleansing your face. The right face mask will dredge all of the impurities and toxins from the surface of your skin. This can lead to an improvement of the appearance of your pores.
- Unclog pores: A good face mask will absorb excess dirt, oils and bacteria from your face. Once you are able to remove all of the yucky debris off your face that you may have not even known that you had, that is when your pores will be able to breathe.
- Relaxation and glowing skin: Why not have two in one? By wearing a face mask, you can have the ease of mind that your skin is going to look absolutely glowing upon removal. Face masks are the easiest additive that you can add into your daily routine that’s extremely necessary and relaxing at the same time.
Types of face masks
Here are a plethora of face masks you can choose from:
- Clay mask
- Exfoliating mask
- Sheet mask
- Cream mask
- Gel mask
Keep in mind that each of these can be used for a different purpose. Whether you’re trying to unclog your pores or simply just want hydration, it’s up to you to figure out what you want and how to make that happen.
5 easy steps to apply
Here’s an easy 5-step application process for any face mask:
- Messy: Most likely it will be messy so if you decide to put a face mask on in the shower then you’re safe, don’t worry. Now if you plan to put one on outside of the shower and wash it off in the sink, make sure to pull back your hair and have a towel at hand ready to go.
- Cleanse face beforehand: Make sure you cleanse your face before you apply any face mask. This is an important step that people fail to realize. The more hydration the better. You want to use up your face mask’s full potential.
- Damp hands: This applies to every face mask, except for a sheet mask. If you are rubbing anything onto your face, make sure both your face and your hands are damp. Do not rub your face mask into your skin. It should be applied by simply grazing it along your skin gently.
- Wait: Once your face mask is applied, wait. Usually it will say on the product how long you should let the mask sit for, but ideally it should be no more than 10 to 15 minutes. Don’t leave it on any longer or the mask will not work with your skin properly.
- Removal: If you are wearing a sheet mask, simply peel off slowly. If you use a mask such as a clay or gel, use a washcloth to slowly and gently remove the excess from your face. Again to not rub harshly, but pat nicely.